Feeds

back to article Get your MOON GEAR: Auction to feature Space Race memorabilia

Looking to own a piece of space history? Have a spare $50,000 to spend? You may be in luck, as a US auction house is placing a series of artifacts from the US and Soviet space programs on the block. Auction house Bonhams is set to offer a collection of items ranging from the early first manned spaceflights to the last Apollo …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge

I might bid on the Apollo 11 cheese knife.

"No crackers, Gromit! We've forgotten the crackers!"

Coat

Re: I might bid on the Apollo 11 cheese knife.

I rather fancy the "... pair of prototype trousers for early space shuttle crews ..."

"Techno-trousers, Gromit, ex-NASA, ideal for walkies"

Silver badge
Unhappy

Sad face

These items are about as far out of my reach as the moon itself.

Want, but can't afford!

Bronze badge

Re: Sad face

go through the site listing. Some of the items are more reasonably priced. I saw a few that caught my eye for as "little" as $400. I say "little" but that definition varies greatly, so...

Silver badge

Too expensive for me, alas. I will just retain the fond memories of being allowed to stay up late as a seven-year old to see men step out onto the moon on a little black and white TV. Greatest event in my life until then.

Every single boy at school wanted to become an astronaut that day.

Silver badge
Thumb Up

" I will just retain the fond memories of being allowed to stay up late as a seven-year old to see men step out onto the moon on a little black and white TV. Greatest event in my life until then."

<AOL>Me too!</AOL>

(Even down to the age, give a or take a few months)

Trousers

Are they brown, by any chance?

I wonder...

Are NASA planning to use the proceeds to fill funding shortfalls?

Fair play to them if they are, though I am of the opinion that they and other science-based organisations shouldn't have to sell off memorabilia to pay the bills.

This topic is closed for new posts.