back to article Speaker bods Sonos chuck FREE TELLY* in with discount offer

Wi-Fi streaming speaker supplier Sonos is sweetening Playbar UK purchases with six months of Spotify and Sky Movies. The Playbar is priced at £599 ($699 in the USA) and connects to an HDTV through an optical cable. It can be integrated with other Sonos speakers like the equally expensive Sub for bass oomph, and a pair of Play: …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. 's water music

Affiliate programme?

Can we claim a fee for reading these adverts?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Affiliate programme?

It does seem to be at least one plug a week for Sonos of late, guessing there is a lot of free kit going somebody's way.

So another PLAYBAR offer? Must be just days since the last one. You'd almost think it had a fundamental flaw in it, like not being able to handle DTS audio or something.

Oh, it can't handle DTS? I can't listen to my Blu-ray discs in surround sound? Rather useless for a premium home cinema system, no?

At this rate, these things will be on BOGOF by Christmas.

1. Mage Silver badge

Not a premium system as it is poor speaker system. Too small drivers and too small case.

1. Fair Dinkum

Way overpriced, too. Wonder why theregister keeps plugging them, so so hardware at a high price.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yes, it's been quite noticable. Expect to see articles cropping up regularly about single malt whisky and spearmint rhino.

2. Mage Silver badge

Not the TV channels

No tuner.

Many people (more than half UK Internet users, note I didn't say broadband) don't have the cap for streaming video. Also it doesn't scale well compared to Broadcast channels.

Satellite, Cable and Terrestrial has TV channels. Internet has has media servers. Not same thing, complementary.

So NO "TV Channels" included. How do they describe it in the adverts?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"£599 ($699 in the USA)"

US$699 = £420, plus 20% VAT = £505

So the "UK Consumer Gouge Levy" is only ~19% from Sonos

1. Da Weezil

UK Consumer Gouge Levy + The lack of DTS support is the deal breaker here, maybe Sonos should quit with the weak offers Stop jacking up the price in the UK .... oh..... and do some development work to make this kit more *usable*

Love my Play 5, but without DTS I wont be considering hooking up a Sonos system to my new Blu ray

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like