As the world is moving towards software-defined data centres with infrastructure components virtualised and delivered as a service, data protection appears to be going the same way. EMC has gone and boosted its offerings to do just this. The company says it is adding “new integrations with primary and protection storage …
SeaaSe (Service as a Service, pronounced "sassy")... It'll be the next big thing. You heard it here first.
Marketing as a Service otherwise known as a no news day.
...I guess not any more than most, but I'd have to pry DD Boost for RMAN from my DB teams cold, dead hands.
I just wish the data protection ecosystem wasn't so complex, so many products with some deal of overlap.
Not a bad idea. Hide a lot of crap.
Not a bad idea. If they make the accessibility / usability nice, they can hide the nasty complexities of managing all of EMC's sub-par crap and ugly interfaces.
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad