WD's MyCloud has been up and down all week, with users unable to connect across the internet to their storage devices. MyCloud refers to a set of ARM-powered, single drive external storage products from WD and a way of accessing then remotely across the Internet. Its MyBook line of basic desktop NAS boxes were rebranded MyCloud …
I knew that there was a reason
why I stopped using WD products. Support? They've heard of it.
Re: I knew that there was a reason
Not got any direct experience with WD, but I do have a QNAP NAS that offers a similar sort of facility.
However I've ignored it completely in favour of using the proper VPN option provided by my home router. Fire that up on the laptop or phone and as far as the device is concerned, it's at home.
they were probably
having issues with the taps the NSA gave them to install on their systems to make traffic capture easier.
avoid WD like the plague
I have one of their combo WIFI/HDD devices.
it is buggy as hell... no new FW updates to address...
Re: avoid WD like the plague
You should be thankful! A firmware update from WD completely bricked mine...
WD software is shit!
Talk to all the Mac owners who upgraded to Mavericks after having made the mistake of installing the WD drive software, and then proceeded to lose everything on their external drives.
WD knew about the problem with their poorly written software months before, but did sweet FA about it.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Find email DIFFICULT? Print this article out and give it to someone 'techy'
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- Comet Siding Spring revealed as flying molehill