The last couple of Thunderbolt drive reviews we’ve undertaken at Vulture Central tempted us to crack open the enclosures to see what made them tick. In the case of the GTech GDrive, substituting the supplied hard drive with an SSD proved it could turn over some respectable figures in this configuration. StarTech S252SMTB3 2-bay …
Another useful piece of hardware, priced too high and the reliability of StarTech fans suck !
Sadly it's not especially overpriced compared to the Thunderbolt competition. What is it about PCIe being on a cable rather than a slot that seems to add hundreds of pounds to the cost?
They should've put the door to access the drive bays at the front of the case.
As I understand it, your stereotypical fanboi places a great deal of emphasis on design and aesthetics.
Why, then, would he (or she) want to purchase that plug-ugly thing. It looks like a GCSE metalwork project; Grade C; borderline pass.
630mb/sec with 2 intel 730?
thats just measly 150mb/sec more than a single 730 does
(all values crystal diskmark)
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low