A twitchy Juniper Networks can't seem to sit still for very long before wielding the job-cuts axe. This time it's letting go of six per cent of its workforce around the world. Hundreds of employees are set to be let go just months after the company's last round of layoffs in October last year. Juniper Networks said that staff …
Clearing the decks for a purchase by Nokia?
'implement a streamlined organisational structure that strengthens our ability to execute, reinvigorates our mission-driven culture, and aligns to our growth opportunities'
= corporate-speak tongue twister this one. Translation is roughly along these lines...
We have to cut more costs cos we're still losing focus and need to make what we have left, look better...
Because we have now fucking idea how to bring in extra revenue by innovative means, we have to shed 550 plebs so we can show our greedy shareholders just how well we performed.
Other than shedding more jobs, management ain't got a fucking clue how to please the shareholders this time next year...
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops