Scality is developing its RING object storage system to use Seagate’s Kinetic drives. These drives implement an on-board key/value store and are directly accessed over Ethernet using Get and Put requests. Each drive has two 1Gbit/s Ethernet ports. Scality’s RING storage uses scale-out nodes that can grow to multi-petabyte …
If Seagate made lager it would probably be called Carlsberg?
"BigFoot Object Storage chassis and rack"
Hope it works better then the last BigFoot drive. That name triggers bad memories.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK