Scality is developing its RING object storage system to use Seagate’s Kinetic drives. These drives implement an on-board key/value store and are directly accessed over Ethernet using Get and Put requests. Each drive has two 1Gbit/s Ethernet ports. Scality’s RING storage uses scale-out nodes that can grow to multi-petabyte …
If Seagate made lager it would probably be called Carlsberg?
"BigFoot Object Storage chassis and rack"
Hope it works better then the last BigFoot drive. That name triggers bad memories.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst