back to article Page through Page's page page-views: Google+ shows how many saw your profile

Google has added a new feature to its Google+ kinda-social network that identifies how many people have looked at your profile page, blog and photos on Google+. "Starting today you’ll see a new number on your Google+ profile or page: total content views," said Eddie Kessler, a Google engineering manager. "This number is the sum …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Got 1500 views on my

"not in use" Google+ page. Like 99.5% of Youtube users, I do not use my G+ page.

Silver badge

And it's fishy.

My fake account which is used for nothing but making private playlists on Youtube has 2817 views. I find that highly unlikely.

Bronze badge

Except you are not entirely accurate, from what I have read elsewhere it is not just page views of your profile - but the total of your profile pageviews AND views of ALL your content.

Silver badge
Facepalm

Web page counter

How...err....1980's

Have they patented it?

htq

It's the interactions that counts!

Just checked my profile: 1,278 followers | 151,645 views

Meh - not entirely sure what the view count means anything in real terms. For me it's the interaction that counts. I do get more than enough meaningful interactions, but not that order of magnitude.

Google+ is that still going - how quaint

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums