Google has added a new feature to its Google+ kinda-social network that identifies how many people have looked at your profile page, blog and photos on Google+. "Starting today you’ll see a new number on your Google+ profile or page: total content views," said Eddie Kessler, a Google engineering manager. "This number is the sum …
Got 1500 views on my
"not in use" Google+ page. Like 99.5% of Youtube users, I do not use my G+ page.
And it's fishy.
My fake account which is used for nothing but making private playlists on Youtube has 2817 views. I find that highly unlikely.
Except you are not entirely accurate, from what I have read elsewhere it is not just page views of your profile - but the total of your profile pageviews AND views of ALL your content.
Web page counter
Have they patented it?
It's the interactions that counts!
Just checked my profile: 1,278 followers | 151,645 views
Meh - not entirely sure what the view count means anything in real terms. For me it's the interaction that counts. I do get more than enough meaningful interactions, but not that order of magnitude.
Google+ is that still going - how quaint
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln