The Australian Law Reform Commission (ALRC) has released a discussion paper that canvasses the idea of a tort of privacy invasion for Australians. Available here, the discussion paper is seeking comment on whether or not Australia's privacy law needs to be changed to deal with invasions of privacy “committed intentionally or …
So I am videoing a nice vista and accidentally film someone while panning. I would more than likely, not even notice, as I am looking at the view.
So now I'm a potential criminal am I?
This is heading for the same stupidities that happened in English playgrounds where the happy parents are filming their kids on swings, slides etc and they get pinged for filming kiddies.
Paedos and/or stalkers abound and we must be protected!! <sarcasm>
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops