Feeds

back to article SEC mulls how to save markets from hackers: How about a CRACK TEAM... of advisers?

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) invited security and finance experts to Washington yesterday to discuss cybersecurity issues and whether companies and stock markets should be required to immediately disclose attacks and invest in protecting their systems. SEC commissioner Luis Aguilar said that the agency needed to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

possible to backfire

if the corporates end up having to disclose their defenses and capabilities as this could also be used against them...

Anonymous Coward

Re: possible to backfire

The crooks already know about the defects in their defenses and capabilities.

Coat

Headed by.....

The Mayor of Toronto...

:0D

Anonymous Coward

What the Crims & Hackers should do is...

.... Start their own HFT firm.... Or .... cosy up with the SEC and run a 50 billion Ponzi fund for three decades! Seriously, does the SEC have any credibility anymore?! I've begun to accept that inCesting in Wall Street is a game for patsies. I've pulled out of the US for cloudy services over privacy concerns. In the interest of self-preservation I'm doing the same thing regarding investing!

Bronze badge
Headmaster

There

"SEC mulls how to save markets from crackers: How about a CRACK TEAM... of advisers?"

Fixed your title.

Get the terminology right for shits sake.

Gotta be a Tiger Team

Tiger Teams are better...

Bronze badge
WTF?

Why the TD?

You know I am right.

This topic is closed for new posts.