Seclists.org convenor Gordon Lyon (also author and maintainer of Nmap) has decided that the Full Disclosure list is too important a resource to let slide away into history, and has announced that he'll relaunch it. As http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/19/full_disclosure_closes/ reported last week, Full Disclosure's John …
Great idea, but there's just one thing
Don't base the site in the US.
ISPs in other countries are much less inclined to bend over and spread just because some nitwit files a complaint in the US.
Also, DMCA is not valid outside US territory, and that removes a very efficient take down mechanism.
Re: Great idea, but there's just one thing
That's exactly why this is a mailing list rather than a website. Everyone can create an archive whereever they want. Just as the archives of the old FD list are available all over the place.
Besides, Fyodor has repeatedly proven his backbone in the face of takedown 'requests' and the like over the years.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan