Podcaster Adam Carolla has launched a crowd-funding effort to try and defend himself against patent troll Personal Audio. While most of Personal Audio's lawsuits have targeted vendors – Apple had a partial loss in being ordered to sling $US8 million to the company, for example – it's also followed the time-dishonoured practice …
this just in...
...Personal Audio sues all humans for violating its patents on vocal communication between humans.
They plan on suing dogs and cats next...
Knowing nothing about patents it just strikes me as totally incompetent that US law doesn't prevent companies acting in a patently malicious manner regarding IP. Not that I expect US law to be on the side of 'not making money', but the damage it is causing to people who actually 'work hard' to earn their money, as far as that goes in the entertainment business, rather than leading a parasitical existence off others is obviously something that should be addressed.
Perhaps politicians just don't want to throw the first stone?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know