Many of the companies I have worked and consulted for over the years have rented server space from service providers. You are only really likely to do that, though, if you are a relatively small company. Larger organisations are able to buy multi-tiered services so they control not just the configuration of the apps on the …
Worked with this few years ago...
As with all third party stuff...how much do you trust them to have x portion of your business running on their kit.
Re: Eggs Basket
... and how hard is it to either bring back in-house or port over to another service. DR in the sense of the previous provider being the disaster.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?