Many of the companies I have worked and consulted for over the years have rented server space from service providers. You are only really likely to do that, though, if you are a relatively small company. Larger organisations are able to buy multi-tiered services so they control not just the configuration of the apps on the …
Worked with this few years ago...
As with all third party stuff...how much do you trust them to have x portion of your business running on their kit.
Re: Eggs Basket
... and how hard is it to either bring back in-house or port over to another service. DR in the sense of the previous provider being the disaster.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER