back to article Bulls hit city streets after alleged Samsung ad shoot hits the fan

The hipster-infused suburb of Newtown in the Australian city of Sydney was today treated to the sight of two water buffalos walking down its main street, reportedly thanks to a SNAFU at a shoot for a Samsung advertisement. News of the bovine visitation broke in the tweet below and the strolling beasts quickly became a talkback …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neoc
    Joke

That's just a load of bull.

1. tony2heads

looks more like bullocks to me

2. vagabondo

Fireman Sam saves the day

Pics and map in this article from the Sydney Morning Herald.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/water-buffalo-on-the-loose-in-newtown-20140325-35f4t.htm

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Fireman Sam saves the day

It can't have been Fireman Sam, he works in Pontypandy. On the other hand it could have been Firefighter Penny Morris or Chief Fire Officer Boyce, both of whom work at Newtown (source).

Mine's the one with the CBeebies almanac in the pocket.

3. Mark 85

Terrified Water Buffalo???

From what I remember of the ones I saw decades ago in Vietnam, nothing bothers them. Trucks, tanks, machinegun fire, grenades.... nope, it might have got their attention for a few moments but otherwise they just seemed to go about their business. Much the way some people get while texting.

4. Barry Dingle

Thumbs up for the title

if "Bulls hit" is in the news, make sure everyone knows

1. JayBizzle
      Gimp

Re: Thumbs up for the title

I have upvoted this because I agree, but it feels dirty that you a benefiting from the author

5. xperroni

Damn chaebols are everywhere, or are they?

It's since been reported by a local Murdoch listicle-maker that the cattle broke out from a film set where Samsung was creating an ad.

I know these gods-damned chaebols make just about anything, but I'd never thought Samsung was in the ad (creation) business too. You sure it wasn't just some other company creating an ad for Samsung?

Just askin'.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Damn chaebols are everywhere, or are they?

Of course it was. But then "Australian animal trainer employed by Australian ad agency allows buffalo to escape" wouldn't have the tenuous IT connection that would justify this being an IT "story".

6. Graham Marsden
    Facepalm

"Bulls hit city streets"?

Damn, I was about to call my broker...

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    Facepalm

"Sir" Tony will call another Royal Commission

Then blame labor for the whole thing.

8. taxman

Need eyes testing

as I pretty sure that word was NOT beasts!

9. All names Taken
    Joke

Was it hit according to international law?

Does the area have any mineral resources, gold or manufacturing resources that need Western investment?

If the answers to the above include at least one Yes or (exclusive or that is) one Maybe well sort of then NATO will take it is an improper act under international law on the humane treatment of bulls and bulls hit.

France and UK are presently drafting an intervention treaty for UN approval at the moment once they have secured a loan from IMF to buy some new toner for the laser printer (its toner ran out and budget will not extend to inkjet cartridges even though we have hundreds of inkjet printers and just the one laser printer approaching its 15th birthday)?

10. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Headmaster

#Bulls literally just ran down #kingSt

LITERALLY?

If the cattle did indeed escape the Park, it's a serious animal cruelty issue

They might meet hipsters and their mysterious ways...

11. cyclical

I used to go to a pub quiz every thursday just round the corner from here when I lived in Sydney, and this is in no way the weirdest thing you'll see in Newtown

12. Scroticus Canis
    Meh

Meh... Water Buffalo

If it were two Cape Buffalo bulls then things might have got interesting and news worthy but the Asian variety are really too docile for fun and games. Obviously these two hadn't been fed or they would have just lay down and chewed the cud no matter where.

13. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
    Thumb Down

"it's a serious animal cruelty issue:"

No it's not. It's a safety and procedures issue. Cruelty implies direct and deliberate action to cause harm to the animals. Unless, of course, the story missed out on telling us that it was the Animal Liberation Front wot dun it.

1. DropBear
      Flame

Re: "it's a serious animal cruelty issue:"

Yes, well, they may have used the modern definition of "animal cruelty" under which failure to immediately commence stroking one's cat any time said feline feels like you should qualifies, and is (of course) punishable by death - lest the poor animal get traumatized for life, you horrible, horrible person.

1. TrishaD

@DropBear

Failure to stroke any of my cats results, generally speaking, in a severe mauling and loss of blood. They care little about animal welfare other than their own and they're very good at seeing to that.

14. Denarius
    Coat

Stock photo ?

my coats the one with brown streaks and mud

15. Mr. Chuck
    Mushroom

bovine road safety

"The beasts would have had to negotiate at least four sets of traffic lights to reach the place in which they are depicted and were probably terrified for much of the journey."

And yet they seemed to make a better job of this than most cyclists.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like