Apple has hired a veteran Washington lobbyist in an apparent attempt to boost its influence in the seat of American power. Amber Cottle will now be the fruity firm's top lobbyist after leaving her post as democratic staff director for the Senate Finance Committee. Apple has spent a lot of time in Washington recently, with Tim …
"Apple has hired a veteran Washington lobbyist in an apparent attempt to boost its influence in the seat of American power."
Objection, m'Lud. Speculation* not fact. The writer can not possibly know the reasoning or purpose behind the action.
*Or sophistry:- take your pick.
It could be payment for services already rendered.
Could be, admittedly. But unless Apple specifically state their reason(s), any supposition remains just conjecture.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great