Cisco is planning to spend $1bn over the next two years on its very own cloud computing service for corporate customers. The networking firm wants to get into the cloud market with its very own "global Intercloud" and is going to spend the millions on building data centres to run the service. Unlike cloudy offerings from …
suppose it was only a matter of time .....
Ah, yes, this makes perfect sense as every major cloud already runs on Cisco equipment, and Cisco have been extremely involved in the Cloud community and listening to the major players when it comes to features and direction for their hardware.
Cloud on cloud?
The next fiasco in the offing is people lile Logicalis taking a contract to provide services and then simply outsourcing them. Who knows what will end up where. It will all be cool until it goes wrong (which it will), then there will be the inevitable blame game. The plus is that if it relieves Cisco of some of it's ill-gotten gains then it must be good.
Naturally there will not be any backdoors to enable the US to spy on anyone!
"The Machine Stops" by E.M. Forster
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests