Oracle has warned its Australian customers to brace for extra patches. Before you imagine some exclusively antipodean security SNAFU is behind the bulletin advising Australian users of their fate, consider that the nation offers software-makers one federal and eight State and Territory jurisdictions. Each of those nine …
Blame the software vendors - if their products aren't flexible enough to accommodate a simple reporting change, then that's where the problem lies.
And shoehorning in "govt requirements" keeping Aussie orgs on an upgrade cycle? Like no business has wanted to change its reporting or implement a function that the software won't support without a patch. The only difference is that such a universal requirement *forces* the vendor to actually make the change.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests