Users of Basecamp's project management software experienced an outage this morning, with more possible in the future, after the company was blown off the internet in a distributed denial-of-service attack when it refused to pay off crooks. The attack hit at 0846 Central Time (1346 UTC) on Monday and knocked the company's servers …
So where are NSA & GCHQ when they could actually do some good?
Don't know about NSA but here in UK GCHQ is reported to be peaking at too explicit selfies taken by teenagers by webcam or smartphone and they have a huge backload to work through before the disk space can be freed up.
Last I heard, the NSA was using it's 'backdoor' to GCHQ to look at the same selfies. Meanwhile, the FBI is still trying to get into the NSA database to check the selfies also. IF they find out those selfies are of minors, they'll be busy arresting all of NSA on childporn charges.
Busy trawling twitter in case anyone says anything "raaacist".
It is very noticeable what the priorities of the establishment are. Censorship of twitter? Right there. Dealing with online criminals, spam, etc? Not really a priority.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests