Cisco and Google have agreed to play nice in the enterprise, with the two deciding to collaborate to put the WebEx collaboration service on Chromebook machines. Cisco's Rowan Trollope, senior veep and general manager for the Collaboration Technology Group, made the announcement along with Google's Rajen Sheth at Enterprise …
Microsoft is The Borg and don't you forget it
Borg Bill is an icon of our era.
As for Cisco embracing Chromebook, why not? Everybody else wants to hitch themselves to this success train. Except, of course, The Borg.
Hide and go seek the API
is dead and buried. Mutual and open APIs hurt no user and help the exchange of knowledge. Look for Microsoft to reciprocate by opening APIs for Office soon.
Chromebook-specific or linux in general?
It's slightly annoying to have to use skype to dial-in to webex. It isn't allowed through so many firewalls.
Imagine joining a WebEx meeting directly from Calendar, or starting an instant meeting from Contacts.
Wow, just like Lync / OCS and Office products. Take it can do a video call straight from composing an email as well then?
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?