Researchers from MIT Media Lab and the Technical University of Denmark have raised the issue of “Privacy for Personal Neuroinformatics”, a field they feel deserves attention because brainwave data is starting to go public. The four writers' paper on the idea points out that electroencephalography (EEG) has been around for ages …
They could call it...
...the Tinfoil Standard.
It's all down to whose data is it?
To a data fetishist all data is their data.
You are merely the source they extracted it from.
Power to their elbow etc..
Well done boffins. The problem now is to get politicians, lawmakers, administrators and bureaucrats to understand and take heed of what they are saying.
I'm fairly certain that there are quite strict laws in place for such things as blood, skin, sperm, saliva etc. samples - surely this should simply fall under those same laws
Like data the NHS holds, you mean?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests