It has never been quite accurate to describe the social network App.net, founded by developer and entrepreneur Dalton Caldwell a little over a year ago, as simply a Twitter also-ran. True, the similarities between the two are impossible to miss: App.net users have accounts prefixed by “@” from which they post (not tweet) …
400 nerds claim they wouldn't use any form of social networking even if paid in naked women and gold google/apple products (delete depending on which "team" the fools have decided to cheer for) "because privacy".
Note the google products bit. That's important.
I actually think this is quite a good idea and may go check it out. Thanks for the heads-up.
Re: In before
Don't worry - I will use it if paid in naked women and gold products.
Suddenly I feel very cheap.
Re: In before
"We've established what you are, now we're merely haggling over the price" - Churchill
Actually app.net _is_ a twitter also-ran. I give it a couple of years before the loot runs out and ignominious shuttering.
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods