Feeds

back to article I, for one, welcome our VMware VSAN overlord

So VSAN is finally here in a released form. On paper, it looks very impressive. I spend an awful lot of time looking at scale-out storage systems – looking at ways to do them faster, cheaper and better. And although I welcome VMware and VSAN to the party, I don’t think I’m really the target market: the product’s not really ready …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Just Asking if we're on the Similarly Same Pages or Discovering Quantum Overlaps in Virtual Programs

Hi, StorageBod,

Perhaps I’d transcode on bare-metal machines but might present out on VM-ed application servers, for example. …… for working in IntelAIgently Designed and Perfectly Secured Alternative Virtual Reality Environments ……. Beta MetaDataBase Testing Areas ….. well, as perfectly phormed and activated/self actuated as is realised as possible in fields festooned and fated and feted with flaws and attractive sub-prime attractions ….. grand distractions?!.

But is the vSAN any good? is it fast, is it cheaper than alternative block storage?

or even a NFS share exported from GPFS/ZFS/StoreNext/*

Pricing?

I've been studiously ignoring the furious circle-jerk over VSAN since late last year. Show me the money!

Re: Pricing?

Currently $2495 per socket or $50 per user(think VDI)

Read more here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/12/vsan_software_and_hardware_price_revealed_as/

This topic is closed for new posts.