Feeds

back to article San Francisco says yes to GIANT Apple flagship store, public plaza

Apple has received final planning permission for its new flagship store at Union Square, San Francisco. The San Francisco Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors gave the new shop their approval after protracted negotiations. The two-storey store's design includes 23-foot glass sliding doors and an open "public plaza" …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

How about a clear glass Apple store shaped like an Apple, or is that a bit too obvious?

Will this one have a great glass elevator, or would Google sue as they are the "chocolate factory".

Bronze badge
Coat

And they could have a Microsoft store with lots of,err, windows.

Gold badge

Microsoft no longer sells Windows. They sell tiles under a false name.

Bronze badge
Coat

We already have...

An apple store in Union square thanks, we are well set for Apple things here in Aberdeen...

Anonymous Coward

Apple has previously said the new shop would be "more iconic" than its glass cube in New York City

Obviously ... current styling for the icons is flat and the NY glass cube is dangerously 3 dimensional!

Silver badge

Will it be a combination of neon pink and green and cause people walking by to get sea sick?

Anonymous Coward

Can we get them to follow Google's example and get them on a barge or in an isolated blimp hangar?

An article from Jasper...

...and not a mention of fanbois

Bronze badge
Coat

I'm sorry in advance

So many Windows, in a Apple store !!!

Bronze badge

Re: I'm sorry in advance

In fact, it isn't the transparency that's most important; those panels are flavoured -- stand close enough and you can get your first taste of the tat on display within.

Bronze badge
Joke

Re: I'm sorry in advance

Well I suppose technically it would of been apples in a Windows(glass) Box, but who would run Apple on Windows ;)

Apple invents the public plaza

They are going to create a "public plaza" in Union Square?

Really - cos thats what Union Square has always needed eh - a public plaza - shame no-one thought of that before - putting a public plaza in Union Square I mean - seems obvious now but I suppose that's what geniusi do - make people wonder why no-one thought of that already

Anonymous Coward

Re: Apple invents the public plaza

"They are going to create a "public plaza" in Union Square?"

Seriously... there is *already* a public plaza there. No, not *in* Union Square as you're suggesting, but behind the retail space where Apple plans to build on the corner of Post and Stockton. There's an existing public plaza, which Apple probably wanted to eliminate, but was apparently denied. So they're "creating" the public plaza. Go Apple...

Silver badge

Re: Apple invents the public plaza

But he previous Union Square didn't have rounded corners

Take A Look

I'm surprised no image was included. You can see what it will look like here:

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2013/05/apples_union_square_store_design_simply_incredible_inde.html

It appears the link was truncated. Maybe I posted it incorrectly. Please add this to the end:

y_incredible_inde.html

Uh oh, where it truncates depends on screen magnification. It is usually cut in the middle of the word "simply" I guess you'll have to figure it out or Google it yourself.

Bronze badge

Re: Take A Look

You know that limited html tags are allowed, yes?

Here's an easier way to get people to that article.

Silver badge

?

"Apple has previously said the new shop would be "more iconic" than its glass cube in New York City."

So which one is the Big Apple then?

This topic is closed for new posts.