US systems vendor Coriant has announced a successful test of a backbone fibre “superchannel” running at 1 Terabit per second over a 1,066-km NBN fibre ring in the south-east Queensland city of Towoomba. While the test won't have any particular impact on consumer-side services, it restates the long-term upgrade path of the NBN's …
This just makes me
Weep for what could have been.
Unfortunately my countrymen (and women) elected a bunch of complete twats to office, so likely this system will be sold off to Telstra at some point in the very near future.
beer icon, because the death of the NBN has driven me to drink.
Given away in return for an unofficially guaranteed future board position, more like it.
Can the ex-Telstra copper do THAT?!?!?
Or will you bury your head in IPA and yes-men reports, like an ostrich.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't