Feeds

back to article Foxtel's new football-watching shirt THROBS after every tackle

Fox Footy, an Australian arm of Rupert Murdoch's Fox pay television empire, has created a special football-watching t-shirt. Dubbed the “Alert Shirt”, the garment is being offered to those who sign up for a year's worth of the channel, which shows Australian Football and not much else. Billed as “Game-changing technology [that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
FAIL

???

What a complete waste of time, money and resources.

It's sad enough already to see grown men wearing their football shirts in the pub but this "invention" will put them into a whole new league of fail.

Anonymous Coward

Re: ???

Yes, but it's a gullible market. The people that think paying huge amounts of money for a polyester shirt in order to blend in with a crowd is a good thing.

It will do well.

Silver badge

Re: ???

"but this "invention" will put them into a whole new league of fail."

You are so uncharitable. Just as the Wii introduced computer based (and ineffective) lounge exercise for those able to wave their arms, this extends the envelope, offering lard @rse couch potatoes a first time opportunity to recline on their sofa in a nasty polyester shirt, eating pizza whilst enjoy a weak simulation of the thrill of exercise. Admittedly this simulated exercise is without any health benefits, without exertion, and without doing anything other than pairing their shirt over bluetooth, but I think that's the appeal.

There would be greater health benefits from pairing socks, but I'm not judgemental, and I heartily approve of the creation of Virtual Fitness For Fatties (V3F).

Silver badge

Having a splashing time

> Fox Footy also advises that the shirt should not be washed

But one would hope, nay: require, that the shirt was beer-proof - otherwise I would expect its service-life to be measured in minutes ... or until the player's teams' first score.

'corse, if Fox or BT Sport was ever to try the same sort of shirt over here, it would need a function whereby it called an ambulance, so the wearer could be stretchered off in agony sympathy, any time one of the opposition gave him a gentle shove.

Finally, should we wait for the s*x channels to produce similarly "equipped" garments, too?

Fun gimmick

All you haters out there, what's the problem with this? If you already have or are wanting to get the sports channels with Foxtel, then what is the harm in having an extra gimmick? It's a bit like when VB brought out the Boonie figurines that commentated the cricket (poorly), it's a bit of light-hearted fun that certainly doesn't detract from watching the game. To some of the other people leaving comments, do you really think that people think this will help you lose weight? I know there are stupid people, but come on that is a bridge too far surely.

So I say, good on Fox Footy for coming up with an innovative marketing idea that to my mind is pretty unique. Something difficult to say about many marketing ideas these days. I'll certainly be trying to get my hands on one as a current subscriber. Bring on AFL season 2014.

This topic is closed for new posts.