The European Commission has released a draft for a programme to regulate the use of conflict materials. The EC said that its plan includes measures which would seek to restrict groups from trading in valuable minerals in order to fund armed conflicts. The package would bring a certification which would require importers in the …
Do as I say, not as I do...
"The aim of the plan is to restrict the flow of "conflict minerals" gathered from resource-rich but war-torn regions of the world – such as the Congo, where armed groups* often force local residents to work in mining and harvesting operations."
And this is coming from governments who make a fortune selling (at least some of) the arms* in question.
Re: Do as I say, not as I do...
No, no, no. You don't understand the reality. the arms are not made with conflict minerals, conflict diamonds, or anything like that. the arms are there to allow the native africans to kill each other off so there isn't a flood of people left to flee into europe to get away from their situation at home. If you're going to arm some; then arm all so at least it's equal murder all the way around.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9