The Chinese government is having another pop at the local search market after merging two previous failures into a new service, dubbed ChinaSo. The search engine has risen from the ashes of Jike, launched three years ago by Communist Party mouthpiece the People’s Daily, and Panguso, which was launched by Xinhua in the same year …
Chinese search engine
Should have been called Noodle
It is odd that I feel I can trust a PRC Government ran search engine more than I would trust one ran by our own government (UK)
At least the PRC will be quite open about the fact it WILL be filtering results, unlike the UK gov which is trying to introduce censorship and control via the back door...
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes