back to article Fitbit fans: Want your Netflix to pause when you nod off? There's almost an app for that

A team of engineers can make a Fitbit fitness bracelet detect when a Netflix viewer wearing the gadget is falling asleep and pause the video playback accordingly. The software – written by the streaming service's Sam Homer, Rachel Nordman, Ariene Aficial, Sam Park and Bogdan Ciuca – allows a customer watching Netflix on a tablet …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

The Samsung S4 has a pause if you look away feature. Its fucking annoying.

Silver badge

Beat me to it.

Anonymous Coward

Well there's a difference between looking away (listening to the audio of video) and falling asleep :)

It can be disabled :)

Anonymous Coward

It sure is disabled. Now. But is on by default. We were testing video and couldn't understand what the problem was.

JDX
Gold badge

Actually quite a useful idea this. Having to figure out where you got to is annoying.

Although waking me up would be a better option so I can go to bed rather than sleep on the sofa.

Bronze badge

This is why I have the telly in the bedroom. The downside is the cluster of empty wine bottles found under the bed.

Anonymous Coward

How about enabling fitbit sleep detection period?

As it is now, you have to push a button to tell the stupid thing you're going to sleep (as well as when you've started to exercise).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums