A team of engineers can make a Fitbit fitness bracelet detect when a Netflix viewer wearing the gadget is falling asleep and pause the video playback accordingly. The software – written by the streaming service's Sam Homer, Rachel Nordman, Ariene Aficial, Sam Park and Bogdan Ciuca – allows a customer watching Netflix on a tablet …
The Samsung S4 has a pause if you look away feature. Its fucking annoying.
Beat me to it.
Well there's a difference between looking away (listening to the audio of video) and falling asleep :)
It can be disabled :)
It sure is disabled. Now. But is on by default. We were testing video and couldn't understand what the problem was.
Actually quite a useful idea this. Having to figure out where you got to is annoying.
Although waking me up would be a better option so I can go to bed rather than sleep on the sofa.
This is why I have the telly in the bedroom. The downside is the cluster of empty wine bottles found under the bed.
How about enabling fitbit sleep detection period?
As it is now, you have to push a button to tell the stupid thing you're going to sleep (as well as when you've started to exercise).
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Even a broken watch is right twice a day: Not an un-charged Apple Watch
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast