Google says it is planning a series of three online developer conferences this year in support of Project Ara, the modular mobile phone design being developed by its Motorola Mobility division. Announced last year, Ara is a unique concept that will allow users to build their own devices from a collection of snap-together parts. …
I don't see this idea going anywhere
As a geek, the idea of being able to build a cell phone like Lego is very nice... But I really doubt you can sell the idea to the general public. It's already fairly rare to see normal Joes upgrading their computer, rather than just buying a new one.
Of course, there are people who play with Raspberry Pis, so maybe I'm too negative.
Well, if that's what it takes...
...to finally get a phone with a hardware full QWERTY keyboard again (not the BB-slash-Nokia-style let's-pretend-this-is-a-keyboard abomination), than so be it.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- New Snapchat Snapcash service inspires amateur PORN STARS