Feeds

back to article Like WhatsApp? Meet 'desktop' version... and his BANK ACCOUNT RAIDING Trojan pal

Scammers have slung together a scam designed to trick users into running malware disguised as a "desktop version" of the ultra-popular WhatsApp mobile messaging app. Links promoted through a run of spam emails that began appearing last week actually lead to a banking Trojan rather than a PC version of the mobile-only app, Trend …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Megaphone

Not to be mistaken for...

...WhatsRemote. Which does allow WhatsApp on the desktop and works pretty damn well.

Devil

well Facebook needed to get their money back some how

how does WhatsApp make money anyway?

Bronze badge

Profits are for sissies

Money? Such a quaint concept!

My boy, WhatsApp is a post-profit enterprise. They have no intention of ever making any money – in fact their whole business plan was carefully crafted to avoid such a nefarious occurrence.

But receiving money, now that's a completely different proposition, which they approach by building a pretend business that looks like it could turn over a profit eventually, but (such clever chaps!) never does.

Re: Profits are for sissies

Of course how silly of me how could I think that a cooperation like WhatsApp would actually make money, I deeply apologise

Silver badge
Joke

WhatsGone

Is gone...

This topic is closed for new posts.