Scammers have slung together a scam designed to trick users into running malware disguised as a "desktop version" of the ultra-popular WhatsApp mobile messaging app. Links promoted through a run of spam emails that began appearing last week actually lead to a banking Trojan rather than a PC version of the mobile-only app, Trend …
Not to be mistaken for...
...WhatsRemote. Which does allow WhatsApp on the desktop and works pretty damn well.
well Facebook needed to get their money back some how
how does WhatsApp make money anyway?
Profits are for sissies
Money? Such a quaint concept!
My boy, WhatsApp is a post-profit enterprise. They have no intention of ever making any money – in fact their whole business plan was carefully crafted to avoid such a nefarious occurrence.
But receiving money, now that's a completely different proposition, which they approach by building a pretend business that looks like it could turn over a profit eventually, but (such clever chaps!) never does.
Re: Profits are for sissies
Of course how silly of me how could I think that a cooperation like WhatsApp would actually make money, I deeply apologise
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE