Toshiba has refreshed its HG5d 2.5-inch SSD with the sixth generation HG6 range, expanding its form factors to include the thinnest SSD module available – at just 2.3mm. Toshiba next-generation high-performance client solid state HG6 series in multiple form factors... The HG6 range, which has received THNSN and THNSF product …
Ram size matters
more to me than physical size.
When we can get 2TB (or more) SSD drives that fit in 2.5 in form factors then we will be going places.
128Gb is fine for web surfers but running VM's on top of SSD's really makes them fly.
Re: Ram size matters
I don't why you posted Anon...
But bang on... What's the point of thinner drives if the drive form factor is the same for all drives?
I agree the trend is to move towards RRAM and SSDs to get rid of the spinning rust.
We see this trend, but we don't see the cost dropping or density increasing as quickly as it could.
Yep waiting for a 2TB option here as well.
Got the samsung 840 1TB version and its great! Just need that extra space.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone