back to article Wanna change the world but need cash? Fret not: Billionaire Eric Schmidt has some spare change

Billionaire Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt is putting up one million dollars of his own money to fund technological innovation. Speaking on This Morning on CBS, Schmidt, said to be worth $8.3bn by Forbes, said he wants to "put my money where my mouth is". The cash will be awarded to individuals or groups that are using …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JustWondering
    Thumb Down

Underwhelmed

The guy has $8.3B and he is giving $1M? Did he find this in his couch?

Put me down for cheap publicity ploy.

1. Ketlan
      WTF?

Re: Underwhelmed

Whoa - a million??? Steady on, Eric!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Underwhelmed

Funny how he's not got the money for taxes but has money to spend on more tech failures.

2. Khaptain Silver badge

OOOhhhhh

Google is reportedly making about $2000 every second, therefore in the time that it takes to read this comment Eric should already have enough to pay for this little venture..... ( OK read a little slow....)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: OOOhhhhh

I didn't know he got to keep every penny Google makes.

But, point taken, if he had the $8.3 billion invested at only 2% he'll have made enough to pay for this by Wednesday afternoon.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Match

I will hereby match Mr. Schmidt's exceedingly generous donation relative to my net worth. I'm sure my $120.50 will go a long way towards furthering the cause! Lunch is on me.

4. GaryDMN

Eric's a great guy to have on your side

Remember he was on Apple's board of directors, right up to the time Google decided to copy the iPhone. So if your startup has any value to Google, watch your back.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like