Cloud computing is all well and good but it's hopeless if the network connection between the customer and the data center is useless, so Microsoft has followed in Amazon's footsteps by fixing this weakness. Redmond's new ExpressRoute service, announced in a blog post on Thursday, will offer dedicated connections to the Windows …
"Psst, don't tell the NSA."
Presumably just enabling IPSEC on all your hosts would close that issue...
So it is no longer an online solution but just an application hosted in a 3rd party DC connected by a private link. By my counts all this cloud is just moving back to what IT has been doing for a long time.
Not that I don't like the cloud its another tool in my bag but stop force feeding me.
- +Comment 'Anti-Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed