Juniper Networks has bowed to pressure from hedge fund Elliott Management, accepting demands from the fund, apparently including appointing two directors it proposed. Elliott has been campaigning for change at the company, recommending that it return some of its capital to shareholders and nominating two directors to the board. …
Hedge fund restructuring
Does this ever work out well for IT companies?
The road ahead doesn't look so great for networking companies (or any other IT hardware companies) where virtualization is eating into their sales and cloud providers are trying to commoditse their markets.
Reducing their working capital is bound to help....
Re: Hedge fund restructuring
Odd... As a Cisco guy (not employee), I've seen virtualization increase sales and profits per port substantially. I guess those virtual networks don't come with a replacement for virtual cabling.
Watch out Juniperians! Layoffs are probably on the near-horizon.
Am I missing something???
Or are two juorno's spending lunchtime in different bars???
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack