In my previous article I looked at the various virtual SANs on the market. In this article, I'm going to take a look at the issues they face trying to get customers to migrate from existing storage solutions. Brownfield conversion strategies are an issue for all players. If your goal is to get rid of SANs by distributing storage …
Is Nutanix a vSAN?
I don't know if I would call nutanix a VSAN. Their storage can't just be installed on any intel based system but can only be provided on their own custom hardware. Is this much different from any storage vendor running on intel hardware with commodity disks etc? Most storage vendors are on similar platforms now with very few still looking to custom ASICs as the differentiator.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great