In my previous article I looked at the various virtual SANs on the market. In this article, I'm going to take a look at the issues they face trying to get customers to migrate from existing storage solutions. Brownfield conversion strategies are an issue for all players. If your goal is to get rid of SANs by distributing storage …
Is Nutanix a vSAN?
I don't know if I would call nutanix a VSAN. Their storage can't just be installed on any intel based system but can only be provided on their own custom hardware. Is this much different from any storage vendor running on intel hardware with commodity disks etc? Most storage vendors are on similar platforms now with very few still looking to custom ASICs as the differentiator.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip