In my previous article I looked at the various virtual SANs on the market. In this article, I'm going to take a look at the issues they face trying to get customers to migrate from existing storage solutions. Brownfield conversion strategies are an issue for all players. If your goal is to get rid of SANs by distributing storage …
Is Nutanix a vSAN?
I don't know if I would call nutanix a VSAN. Their storage can't just be installed on any intel based system but can only be provided on their own custom hardware. Is this much different from any storage vendor running on intel hardware with commodity disks etc? Most storage vendors are on similar platforms now with very few still looking to custom ASICs as the differentiator.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes