Around half US online transaction revenue goes through payments firm First Data’s systems. They have such a large volume of transaction information they are used as an economic barometer by the US government. In Europe they have 660,000 point-of-sale terminals, and nearly ten times that across the world. $58bn went through their …
inb4 "LOL it's Android you gonna get haxed from here to Mars and back. You should use Apple. Or Windows 8. Proper secure operating systems. Fucking Linux fanboys."
apps that pull weather forecasts to predict sales and set order quantities
Given how inaccurate any kind of long term weather forecasting is that sounds dangerous.
Re: apps that pull weather forecasts to predict sales and set order quantities
This is a POS system, so I'd expect weather is going to be that day, hourly, perhaps the following day at most. For long term, you'd use your normal weather services.
I think this is more, "It's going to rain today, so fetch a few more umbrellas out of the stock room", "It's going to be warm tomorrow (I wish!), so pick up some extra ice cream from the wholesaler on the way in". etc. etc.
A nation of shut down shopkeepers.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Red Hat, Apple scramble for patch batches
- A BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- CoTW Emma Watson should SHUT UP, all this abuse is HER OWN FAULT
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER