Around half US online transaction revenue goes through payments firm First Data’s systems. They have such a large volume of transaction information they are used as an economic barometer by the US government. In Europe they have 660,000 point-of-sale terminals, and nearly ten times that across the world. $58bn went through their …
inb4 "LOL it's Android you gonna get haxed from here to Mars and back. You should use Apple. Or Windows 8. Proper secure operating systems. Fucking Linux fanboys."
apps that pull weather forecasts to predict sales and set order quantities
Given how inaccurate any kind of long term weather forecasting is that sounds dangerous.
Re: apps that pull weather forecasts to predict sales and set order quantities
This is a POS system, so I'd expect weather is going to be that day, hourly, perhaps the following day at most. For long term, you'd use your normal weather services.
I think this is more, "It's going to rain today, so fetch a few more umbrellas out of the stock room", "It's going to be warm tomorrow (I wish!), so pick up some extra ice cream from the wholesaler on the way in". etc. etc.
A nation of shut down shopkeepers.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Special Report Roll up for El Reg's 3G/4G MONOPOLY DATA PUB CRAWL