Around half US online transaction revenue goes through payments firm First Data’s systems. They have such a large volume of transaction information they are used as an economic barometer by the US government. In Europe they have 660,000 point-of-sale terminals, and nearly ten times that across the world. $58bn went through their …
inb4 "LOL it's Android you gonna get haxed from here to Mars and back. You should use Apple. Or Windows 8. Proper secure operating systems. Fucking Linux fanboys."
apps that pull weather forecasts to predict sales and set order quantities
Given how inaccurate any kind of long term weather forecasting is that sounds dangerous.
Re: apps that pull weather forecasts to predict sales and set order quantities
This is a POS system, so I'd expect weather is going to be that day, hourly, perhaps the following day at most. For long term, you'd use your normal weather services.
I think this is more, "It's going to rain today, so fetch a few more umbrellas out of the stock room", "It's going to be warm tomorrow (I wish!), so pick up some extra ice cream from the wholesaler on the way in". etc. etc.
A nation of shut down shopkeepers.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids