Around half US online transaction revenue goes through payments firm First Data’s systems. They have such a large volume of transaction information they are used as an economic barometer by the US government. In Europe they have 660,000 point-of-sale terminals, and nearly ten times that across the world. $58bn went through their …
inb4 "LOL it's Android you gonna get haxed from here to Mars and back. You should use Apple. Or Windows 8. Proper secure operating systems. Fucking Linux fanboys."
apps that pull weather forecasts to predict sales and set order quantities
Given how inaccurate any kind of long term weather forecasting is that sounds dangerous.
Re: apps that pull weather forecasts to predict sales and set order quantities
This is a POS system, so I'd expect weather is going to be that day, hourly, perhaps the following day at most. For long term, you'd use your normal weather services.
I think this is more, "It's going to rain today, so fetch a few more umbrellas out of the stock room", "It's going to be warm tomorrow (I wish!), so pick up some extra ice cream from the wholesaler on the way in". etc. etc.
A nation of shut down shopkeepers.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers