VMware has released version 2.6 of its vCloud Connector tool, and dropped its price to $0. At current exchange rates that's £0 and $AUD0, for UK and Australian readers. vCloud Connector does what it says on the can – connect clouds. It's assumed one of those clouds is your very own vSphere-powered private cloud and that the …
You don't even need vCloud Director as it also works vSphere to vSphere. But I'm pretty sure this is all about vCloud Hybrid Service -- vSphere to VMware's cloud and back.
Does it work to Azure? Amazon? Nope? No wonder it's free...
Disclaimer: I'm one of the principal forces behind this change, and am on the Marketing team at VMware/'Virtzilla'.
It's more than just vCloud Hybrid Service, but it includes all our VSPP partners who offer VMware based services. Our ecosystem is greater than just our service offering, and our value channel has the need for the same interoperability that we deliver with vCloud Hybrid Service, so it just made sense.
Thanks for sharing the good news, we're really excited with the possibilities this technology introduces!
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies