VMware has released version 2.6 of its vCloud Connector tool, and dropped its price to $0. At current exchange rates that's £0 and $AUD0, for UK and Australian readers. vCloud Connector does what it says on the can – connect clouds. It's assumed one of those clouds is your very own vSphere-powered private cloud and that the …
You don't even need vCloud Director as it also works vSphere to vSphere. But I'm pretty sure this is all about vCloud Hybrid Service -- vSphere to VMware's cloud and back.
Does it work to Azure? Amazon? Nope? No wonder it's free...
Disclaimer: I'm one of the principal forces behind this change, and am on the Marketing team at VMware/'Virtzilla'.
It's more than just vCloud Hybrid Service, but it includes all our VSPP partners who offer VMware based services. Our ecosystem is greater than just our service offering, and our value channel has the need for the same interoperability that we deliver with vCloud Hybrid Service, so it just made sense.
Thanks for sharing the good news, we're really excited with the possibilities this technology introduces!
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity