Samsung Electronics has joined IBM's OpenPOWER Consortium, adding another company to stuff Big Blue's chips into a variety of hardware products. OpenPOWER is a scheme by IBM designed to make it easy for companies to license the architecture and customize it for specific needs, like ARM does with its chips. Big Blue unveiled the …
That and the news that IBM is looking for shoppers of it's chips fabs tells you more or less what's going to happen. Power is the new Itanic.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...