“Google Ganymede” can only be a matter of time: a group of scientists has produced the first geological map of Ganymede, the moon of Jupiter. Ganymede map joins Earth's moon, and other Jovian moons Io and Callisto, in the select group of planetary satellites for which such maps have been produced. The map is based on images from …
"The 5,262-diameter Ganymede..."
5,262 what? Double decker buses, rods, poles, perches? We need to know.
Spherical cows obviously.
Ganymede is dimensionally transcendental and is 5,262 times the size of itself. Presumably, it was formed when an early prototype of the Tardis malfunctioned and dimensionally transmogrified the surrounding n-space. Good job it was being tested near Jupiter and not in London...
I've always wondered why Ganymede was bigger on the inside than the outside,
Diameter expressed in Routemasters ..
vulcan :"5,262 what? Double decker buses, rods, poles, perches? We need to know."
Ganymede has a diameter of 5,268 km or 470,357 Routemasters packed end-to-end ...
Wales lengths. The distance from Barry to Prestatyn.
"this truly unique moon"
As opposed to what? An only slightly unique moon...?
Re: "this truly unique moon"
How do you catch a unique rabbit? U nique up on it ...
I was hoping to see the traditional crudely drawn phalus, like there is on mars, but I'll have to settle for a confused-looking fish called Nicholson (25-55W, 31-49S) and a cartoon man's head called Borsippa (1E, 52S)
Is that a word, and if so why is it a better word than 'dynamic'?
You can say "the system is dynamic" or you can say "it is a dynamical system."
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln