Terminally consolidating smartphone firm BlackBerry has added support for its Voice and Channel services on the BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) app for Android and iOS. The company said that the update would bring a new set of collaboration and telephony options to users who still run BBM on their Apple and Android devices. The BBM …
So people don't need to buy their phones, they use their services (which cost money to run) and then something better comes along so they're left with no users or customers.
Great strategy. This makes about as much sense as the Mac cloning business that Jobs cancelled upon his return to Apple.
Look what happened when the messiah returned!
BBM is so much better than iMessage/Whatsapp. Great stuff from Blackberry.
Have to agree that it's pretty nice and has gained a lot of new features in a fairly short time.
While it looks very 'BlackBerry' on my Nexus, it seems to work well and keeps me in touch with the BB/iPhone/Android using family members very nicely.
Thumbs up from me!
Bah, meant to include a link to what's new - http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/02/bbm-2-update/
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)