Analyst firm Gartner has lifted its skirts and explained a little more about how it compiles its controversial Magic Quadrants. The explanation comes in the form of a post offering advice to those about to bid for a spot on the infrastructure-as-a-service and hosting quadrant. Here's how the research process unfolds: You get …
Magic Quadrant ....
Sounds like Bermuda Triangle's cousin.....
Just like the Bermuda Triangle
But without the associated degree of scientific rigour.
Why not just ignore their press releases?
I have no idea what this article is about.
Yet I somehow feel that knowing this would not actually enrich my life in any way.
So in other words - do all of their work for them
One of the key parts of market analysis is to find the differentiators between companies so you can compare them "where it matters". This is what independent analysis is all about and this is what you look for when you read an analyst report instead of a marketing vendor blurb.
It is quite interesting to find out that Gartner is now so openly lazy that they cannot be bothered to do their job, so they are asking the vendors to do 99% of it for them and serve it to them on a plate.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network