Nvidia has reported better-than-expected fourth quarter financial results, with revenues of $1.14bn over the three months ending January 26, up 9 per cent on the last quarter and 3 per cent on the year-ago period. "Quarterly revenue came in well above our outlook, driven by PC gaming, capping an outstanding year for our GPU …
That's because nobody can buy a high end AMD card, all the miners kept buying them at inflated prices.
you can buy them, just 20-30% over retail price. If you are a gaming Nvidia cards are just as good if not better (due to better drivers) then AMD cards.
Their drivers are a bit of a pain in the ass actually (on Linux), but supposedly they've been getting better very recently
I'm mining on a pair of GTX670s
Though I actually bought them for stereoscopic gaming. cudaminer is the tool, though the cost/Khash for nVidia cards is a fair bit higher than for ATi/AMD they use less power to do the same work.
Good to hear at least someone doing well in the PC biz. Especially considering PC gaming is to thank.
Still think nVidia's top-end hardware is unable to stand up in a price:performance market against AMD though. Although superior GPU's, the AMD equivalents are far cheaper. Drivers are a non--issue these days.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- NATO declares WAR on Google Glass, mounts attack alongside MPAA