back to article El Reg talks beer and binaries with a boffin named Boffin

We at El Reg like a good boffin, so we're delighted to bring fellow boffophiles a quick interview with Henri Boffin, who's staff astronomer at the European Southern Observatory (ESO) facility in Paranal, Chile. Henri Boffin at his desk in Paranal A boffin named Boffin: Henri at work in Paranal We're obliged to Henri for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Welcome to the fold, Henri!

I'd offer you a North Bay beer, but apparently ElReg has finally(!) gotten rid of the AOL-ish icons ...

Happy

The icons are still here.

And salut to a fellow astroboffin!

Silver badge
Pint

A salute to all Boffinry!

And dr Henri Boffin in particular

Here's that beer then.

Silver badge

What a very sound chap!

Award him the honorary leather elbow patches forthwith, along with a 12 volume Morocco-leather bound set of the complete works of Professor Stanley Unwin

Pint

Sigh... sadly, is true.

Our beers are still, like our country, in development.

Not that there are not good beers, but they are not easy to find.

But it is also true that our wines are some of the best.

R

Silver badge

To be fair, the man comes from Belgium, where they have frankly incredible beer, so it's hard to compete with that from the off.

I'm sure things will get better!

America's gone from pathetic swill to amazing varieties of all different styles of beer in the last twenty or thirty years, I'm sure Chile will have no trouble developing some amazing brews.

And let's not forget that the country most synonymous with wine (France) is pretty much a no-show in the beer world. Perhaps it's simply a matter of focus.

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Congrats Lester

Thanks for a very interesting interview with someone many of us have never heard of before. Refreshing change of pace.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums