An ambitious project to create a single national water database is going to need a complete reboot, with the Australian National Audit Office saying complexity, non-standard approaches and supplier capture caused a multi-million-dollar blowout in the system. The Bureau of Meteorology was given the task of creating the database …
based on both open source and off-the-shelf commercial components
So, exactly the same as the original then? A slight upgrade of the original?
No meaningful imformation provided. Not even a reference to the press release.
Holy crap, that's bad even by usual standards.
This is what happens when you have non-tech senior management who fall for the sales pitch from out-source suppliers.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...