An ambitious project to create a single national water database is going to need a complete reboot, with the Australian National Audit Office saying complexity, non-standard approaches and supplier capture caused a multi-million-dollar blowout in the system. The Bureau of Meteorology was given the task of creating the database …
based on both open source and off-the-shelf commercial components
So, exactly the same as the original then? A slight upgrade of the original?
No meaningful imformation provided. Not even a reference to the press release.
Holy crap, that's bad even by usual standards.
This is what happens when you have non-tech senior management who fall for the sales pitch from out-source suppliers.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball