An ambitious project to create a single national water database is going to need a complete reboot, with the Australian National Audit Office saying complexity, non-standard approaches and supplier capture caused a multi-million-dollar blowout in the system. The Bureau of Meteorology was given the task of creating the database …
based on both open source and off-the-shelf commercial components
So, exactly the same as the original then? A slight upgrade of the original?
No meaningful imformation provided. Not even a reference to the press release.
Holy crap, that's bad even by usual standards.
This is what happens when you have non-tech senior management who fall for the sales pitch from out-source suppliers.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan