An ambitious project to create a single national water database is going to need a complete reboot, with the Australian National Audit Office saying complexity, non-standard approaches and supplier capture caused a multi-million-dollar blowout in the system. The Bureau of Meteorology was given the task of creating the database …
based on both open source and off-the-shelf commercial components
So, exactly the same as the original then? A slight upgrade of the original?
No meaningful imformation provided. Not even a reference to the press release.
Holy crap, that's bad even by usual standards.
This is what happens when you have non-tech senior management who fall for the sales pitch from out-source suppliers.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers