An ambitious project to create a single national water database is going to need a complete reboot, with the Australian National Audit Office saying complexity, non-standard approaches and supplier capture caused a multi-million-dollar blowout in the system. The Bureau of Meteorology was given the task of creating the database …
based on both open source and off-the-shelf commercial components
So, exactly the same as the original then? A slight upgrade of the original?
No meaningful imformation provided. Not even a reference to the press release.
Holy crap, that's bad even by usual standards.
This is what happens when you have non-tech senior management who fall for the sales pitch from out-source suppliers.
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed