IBM is planning to invest $100m and 10 years on getting Africa hooked on its Watson supercomputer system. Big Blue said that it wants to use the system in "Project Lucy", named after the earliest known human ancestor, to help the continent in key areas like healthcare, education, sanitation and agriculture. "In the last decade …
Want to help Africa IBM? Sell a few Watson's at top dollar to energy companies and donate the money to infrastructure projects. When people are fleeing from war zones the last thing they need is supercomputer cloud time.
They called it the prayer,
It's answer was law.
It's logic stopped war,
Gave them food.
How they adored,
'Til it cried in it's bordom ...
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards