IBM is planning to invest $100m and 10 years on getting Africa hooked on its Watson supercomputer system. Big Blue said that it wants to use the system in "Project Lucy", named after the earliest known human ancestor, to help the continent in key areas like healthcare, education, sanitation and agriculture. "In the last decade …
Want to help Africa IBM? Sell a few Watson's at top dollar to energy companies and donate the money to infrastructure projects. When people are fleeing from war zones the last thing they need is supercomputer cloud time.
They called it the prayer,
It's answer was law.
It's logic stopped war,
Gave them food.
How they adored,
'Til it cried in it's bordom ...
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops