IBM is planning to invest $100m and 10 years on getting Africa hooked on its Watson supercomputer system. Big Blue said that it wants to use the system in "Project Lucy", named after the earliest known human ancestor, to help the continent in key areas like healthcare, education, sanitation and agriculture. "In the last decade …
Want to help Africa IBM? Sell a few Watson's at top dollar to energy companies and donate the money to infrastructure projects. When people are fleeing from war zones the last thing they need is supercomputer cloud time.
They called it the prayer,
It's answer was law.
It's logic stopped war,
Gave them food.
How they adored,
'Til it cried in it's bordom ...
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence