Feeds

back to article New Delhi accuses Huawei of nobbling ZTE kit at state-owned telco

Huawei is facing renewed scrutiny in India after the government confirmed it has set-up a cross-departmental team to investigate allegations the firm sabotaged the network of state-owned telco BSNL. Comms and IT minister T. Killi Kruparani told India’s lower house the Lok Sabah on Wednesday (via PTI): An incident about alleged …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

They are in the news so much that I'm beginning to think there is no smoke without fire.

Am I right that the UK Gov endorses them?

Bronze badge

Assuming the Indians working on this have similar skill sets to the ones we get for outsourcing I'd say the perceived attack had nothing to do with anything outside the company and that blaming a Chinese company is just a convenient excuse.

They are hoping enough dirt can be thrown that, while there'll never be any proof, people will accept that this was an attack and not a cock-up.

Anonymous Coward

You're just now thinking that?

Seriously?

As far as the UK Government endorsing them, you would have to ask Her Majesty's Government. While you are at it, you may want to inquire as to how many network equipment vendors the Queen has asked/told/ordered to undergo a perpetual strip search of their kit and code? I think it is a number that approximates one. No prizes for guessing who that one is.

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/350536,britain-to-review-huawei-security-centre.aspx

Anonymous Coward

Re: Assuming the Indians working on this...

Some of the other billion or so Indians might well take exception to that.

Anonymous Coward

Unreachable

Of course no one came back with a comment. It's Chinese New Year/Spring Festival, everyone's on holiday.

Bronze badge

All your base station controller are belong to us?

Anonymous Coward

Really? Same ole news.

Why anyone uses them is simply baffling. Huawei = The Chinese State. Just ask Nortel.....oh, wait.

This topic is closed for new posts.