The man thought to be behind the Silk Road drug bazaar has been indicted in a New York district court, and charged with narcotics conspiracy, engaging in a continuing criminal enterprises, conspiracy to commit computer hacking, and money laundering conspiracy. The charges against Ross William Ulbricht were announced by Preet …
Those charges are severe.
Looks like they're setting him up for a RICO prosecution and that dramatically lowers a number of usual hurdles to conviction.
Re: Those charges are severe.
"charged with narcotics conspiracy, engaging in a continuing criminal enterprises, conspiracy to commit computer hacking, and money laundering conspiracy."
He'll get about a billion years for that lot!
They'll probly give a standard life sentence for each entry in his transaction logs :)
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'