The man thought to be behind the Silk Road drug bazaar has been indicted in a New York district court, and charged with narcotics conspiracy, engaging in a continuing criminal enterprises, conspiracy to commit computer hacking, and money laundering conspiracy. The charges against Ross William Ulbricht were announced by Preet …
Those charges are severe.
Looks like they're setting him up for a RICO prosecution and that dramatically lowers a number of usual hurdles to conviction.
Re: Those charges are severe.
"charged with narcotics conspiracy, engaging in a continuing criminal enterprises, conspiracy to commit computer hacking, and money laundering conspiracy."
He'll get about a billion years for that lot!
They'll probly give a standard life sentence for each entry in his transaction logs :)
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook