The man thought to be behind the Silk Road drug bazaar has been indicted in a New York district court, and charged with narcotics conspiracy, engaging in a continuing criminal enterprises, conspiracy to commit computer hacking, and money laundering conspiracy. The charges against Ross William Ulbricht were announced by Preet …
Those charges are severe.
Looks like they're setting him up for a RICO prosecution and that dramatically lowers a number of usual hurdles to conviction.
Re: Those charges are severe.
"charged with narcotics conspiracy, engaging in a continuing criminal enterprises, conspiracy to commit computer hacking, and money laundering conspiracy."
He'll get about a billion years for that lot!
They'll probly give a standard life sentence for each entry in his transaction logs :)
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to confirm 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- The Register to boldly go where no Vulture has gone before: The WEEKEND
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC