The man thought to be behind the Silk Road drug bazaar has been indicted in a New York district court, and charged with narcotics conspiracy, engaging in a continuing criminal enterprises, conspiracy to commit computer hacking, and money laundering conspiracy. The charges against Ross William Ulbricht were announced by Preet …
Those charges are severe.
Looks like they're setting him up for a RICO prosecution and that dramatically lowers a number of usual hurdles to conviction.
Re: Those charges are severe.
"charged with narcotics conspiracy, engaging in a continuing criminal enterprises, conspiracy to commit computer hacking, and money laundering conspiracy."
He'll get about a billion years for that lot!
They'll probly give a standard life sentence for each entry in his transaction logs :)
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous fat pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst