A now-private Dell appears to have set up a Research Division headed by IBM import Jai Menon. Menon, a former IBM fellow, joined Dell in October 2012, becoming the chief technology officer at Round Rock. Now several reports, here and here for example, say he has been given the role of big boss of the R & D Division inside Dell …
Dell has an R&D divisiion? Interesting...
I thought the whole point of the Dell model was to not do any long term R&D in the first place. Take a reference design, tweak it (if at all), give it to an ODM for completion, pack the box, bundle with some OEM-ed gear and ship. Leave the long term R&D to Intel and Co.
R&D? Long Term? In Dell? Either Dell intends to change buisiness model of Dell after taking it private (pun intended) or this is another rearrangement of the deckchairs on the Titanic observation deck.
Re: Dell has an R&D divisiion? Interesting...
They seemed to start doing some decent R&D going back a few years when they acquired a bunch of storage assets and of course Force10, probably others too... taking some time to integrate it all though.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid SAUR-O-CIDE was terrible bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it