Check Point Software Technologies has announced a remote code execution bug in the popular MediaWiki platform that powers Wikipedia. As detailed here: “Your MediaWiki installation is affected by a remote code execution vulnerability if you have enabled file upload support for DjVu (natively supported by MediaWiki) or PDF files ( …
Did they approach Wikipedia already, so they could apply the patch? Is Wikipedia vulnerable?
The patch was released 2 days ago. With MW's close ties with Wikipedia, you can be sure that was the first place the patch was applied :)
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account