Check Point Software Technologies has announced a remote code execution bug in the popular MediaWiki platform that powers Wikipedia. As detailed here: “Your MediaWiki installation is affected by a remote code execution vulnerability if you have enabled file upload support for DjVu (natively supported by MediaWiki) or PDF files ( …
Did they approach Wikipedia already, so they could apply the patch? Is Wikipedia vulnerable?
The patch was released 2 days ago. With MW's close ties with Wikipedia, you can be sure that was the first place the patch was applied :)
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft declares WINDOWS 10: Seven, ate, Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9