Oracle has released tool that should make it easier for developers to code applications for its Big Data Appliance. Big Data Lite, as the tool is called, bundles Oracle Linux, Cloudera software, Hadoop and plenty of Oracle's cloud connectors, just about replicating the environment available on Big Red's Big Data Appliance. The …
Of course, being Oracle, you will need a Big Data Appliance to crunch the numbers to understand the licensing model for the Big Data Lite appliance.
You get used to that after a while.
I like the shift into componentized systems generally though. Seems to make the whole world an easier place and I really need that right now. Just wish I could find someone to agree with me....
And yes, I know eggs in one basket etc. But again, you get used to that after a while.
Standing behind their products
Wouldn't you think they would use Solaris? Oh wait, even their own people don't want to touch that bloat.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER