Oracle has released tool that should make it easier for developers to code applications for its Big Data Appliance. Big Data Lite, as the tool is called, bundles Oracle Linux, Cloudera software, Hadoop and plenty of Oracle's cloud connectors, just about replicating the environment available on Big Red's Big Data Appliance. The …
Of course, being Oracle, you will need a Big Data Appliance to crunch the numbers to understand the licensing model for the Big Data Lite appliance.
You get used to that after a while.
I like the shift into componentized systems generally though. Seems to make the whole world an easier place and I really need that right now. Just wish I could find someone to agree with me....
And yes, I know eggs in one basket etc. But again, you get used to that after a while.
Standing behind their products
Wouldn't you think they would use Solaris? Oh wait, even their own people don't want to touch that bloat.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast